6.02.2012

Magnificent May

Hey everybody!
The month of May was quite a whirlwind, yet I couldn't have asked for a better one! Surpassing a couple huge milestones, surviving two weekends in a row of Root graduations, catching up with old friends, the beginning of volleyball camps, and moving out of my apartment has kept me a busy busy girl. It's been a while since I posted, so here's what I've been up to in a nutshell...enjoy!

Friday, May 4th
CEHS Honors Banquet 
The College of Education and Human Sciences got together and awarded the top Nutrition, Fashion, and Teaching majors in the 2012 Class. You might be asking why these three unique majors are thrown together into a college, but as Dean Kostelnik said, "We clothe, feed, and educated people...what more do they need?!" It was also a great last chance to say goodbye and thanks to my thesis advisor and professor of multiple classes, Mrs. Young!

My smarts had to come from somewhere ;)
Ms. Dean herself
Professor Young
Saturday, May 5th
Graduation Day!
I officially joined the largest class in UNL history, crossed the stage, shook the Dean's hand, and got my Bachelor's degree after four years of hard work! After the ceremony, the athletics staff hosted a little party for all the seniors up in the skyboxes that my entire family (and I mean ENTIRE) got to attend. As a thank you for coming and reward for their patience, I took my grandparents, aunt and uncle, and cousins on a tour of the stadium and our beautiful athletic facilities! It was great to see everyone, spend the day together, and celebrate :)
We did it!
Nutrition for liiiiife :)


10 points if you can find me...
The most expensive piece of paper I'll ever receive...
Isn't it pretty?!
Sup, Tom?
A lil roomie love




Good lookin group ;)

The best grandparents EVER
My second family :)

Sunday, May 6th
Half-Marathon
Kelly and I laced up our shoes, secured our racing bibs, lined up with 10,000 of our closest friends, and took off for a measly 13.1 mile jog Sunday morning as part of the Lincoln Marathon.  I was a little nervous about the weather when I woke up (pooooouring rain), but thankfully it turned out to be a beautifully perfect day! The race itself was a lot of fun, the amount of people that came out to support all the runners was incredible, and they were the perfect burst of energy that I needed to keep going. It was such a great feeling to finish and can't wait to run many more!


The Route
Al...mo...st... Th...e..re...
Running buddies :)

My results: met my goal of under 1:45!

Friday, May 11th
Broderic's Graduation Party
After a long day of setting up decorations, cracking up at old pictures, and putting live fish in bowls by hand (yeah, don't ask...), it was finally party time! I loved being able to see and catch up with so many family, friends, and old teachers and Broderic was SO EXITED about being the center of attention!  For those of you that don't know, Brod has been diagnosed with Autism since he was 3, and has been something that he and our family has been challenged with throughout the years. However, he is one of the most positive, inspirational, and best people that I know...and this was proven by the number of people and kind words said at his party. If you haven't ever had the chance to meet him, you need to! :)

My "little" brother and I
Saturday, May 12th
DBU Game
Saturday morning, I made the trip down I-80 to go watch Boomer's team (Dallas Baptist) play Creighton at TD Ameritrade. It was SO great to see, spend the day, and catch up with my favorite guy and finally meet some of his teammates and friends! DBU won the game 5-2, and hopefully they will make it to the CWS in June so I can see him again soon :)

Hang out with these two, and your 
baseball knowledge will increase tenfold...
Such a studddd! :)
Sunday, May 13th
GISH Graduation
This was a HUGE day for Broderic, as he was finally able to cross the stage as an Islander Graduate and get that diploma. He had a giant smile across his face the entire day, and I'm pretty sure no one else could stop smiling either because it was just too darn contagious. I'm SO proud of him and can't wait to see what he's going to accomplish next! When asked what he was going to do on Monday (his first day off), he simply replied "sleep in"...as if there was anything else that matter?! :)

Wearing the Purple and Gold with pride :)
Wednesday, May 16th
The Last Supper
It was Maddie's last day in town (sniff sniff), so a bunch of us went out to eat to celebrate our last time all being together! We enjoyed a night full of good company, margaritas, plenty of laughs, and old stories from our "younger" days. It was the perfect ending to the school year and kick-off to summer! 

A whole 4 years together!
We enjoy each other's company a tiny bit...
Sunday, May 20th
Fire and Ice
After spending an entire week in Lincoln, it was sadly time for my bestie Kaitlynn to head back to Kentucky again. We had so much fun working out together, playing beach, catching up, laughing hysterically, tweeting/twitpic-ing, and of course, hanging out by the pool and getting our tan on. I will miss this girl so much but am SO excited to go visit her over 4th of July! Watch out Louisville, Fire and Ice is coming to town. 

Girls' night!
May 21st-23rd
And so it begins...
Jordan and I started our Summer Camps out in Nebraska City. It was a fun (and crazy) three days with the middle schoolers, and I throughly enjoyed catching up and hearing old stories over lunch with Grandma Betty! One camp down, many more to come...


May 25th-28th
Family Time
My youngest brother Brennon plays on the Bison team for GISH, and their annual tournament was held this past weekend in Lincoln. Also on Fridays, Braedon plays in a summer league with the Islanders...so needless to say I got a LOT of basketball watching in that weekend. In between games, my family helped me move and took home a bunch of my "big stuff" that wouldn't fit into my summer home, so I owe them a huge thank you :) On top of it all, it was great to spend some time and catch up with everyone, and Brennon's team even ended up taking home the Silver Championship!


Braedon rocking #33 and the brightest shoes in the gym
Brennon (#5) playing a little D 
Champs! 
May 31st
Pack it in, clean it up, and move it out!
Ladies and gentleman, the day has finally come. After THREE solid years, I am no longer a Lakeside resident! After countless hours of packing and cleaning over the past couple weeks (yes, weeks), the keys were finally handed in on Thursday. Thanks for all the memories, 206!

Deuces, Lakeside!


Whoooooooowe...I told you it was a crazy month! It's been quite a lot to reflect on, and I am SO BLESSED for every situation I've had the opportunity to encounter and each person that I've interacted with in this stage of my life. Sure, the next couple months will be crazy with tons of camps and plenty of uncertainties, but I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store and the Briges that will be Built. 
Hope everyone's summer is off to a great start as well!


So until next time, 
Brig :)

Sometimes I can't imagine how I'm going to fit everything in such a short period of time, or how things are going to all work out. This verse is PERFECT to remember for those mini moments of panic :)

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment